Re: No status propagation of an objet in a MAP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: No status propagation of an objet in a MAP
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:32:37 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is you map a submap of the IP Internet map or not?

If you create an entirely separate map structure then the ipmap program
which runs under ovw will not update your status.  He starts at the IP
Internet symbol and works downward.

I hope this is clear.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support