Re: A question about snmp community strings

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: A question about snmp community strings
From: Steven Valente <svalente@BAYNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:39:49 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

I have always been advised that special characters and community strings
are a bad combination.  Like drinking and driving, it's dangerous,
sometimes you end up OK, but usually when you don't it's disasterous.

How do you like that?  A combination answer to a technical question AND a
holiday public service announcement all in one!!!!!!

Happy Holidays

Steve Valente
Nortel Networks
Bay Networks LOB