Re: netview trap variables

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview trap variables
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:15:45 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
ovobjprint -o <object-id> will give you the database entry for any NetView
object whose id is known.  You can use ovobjprint -s <selection-name> in
the same way.  The selection name is the fully qualified host name in most
cases.  The TopM interface list in a host will show its interfaces by name
(like tr0 for example).  The selection name for an interface is of the form
hostname:interface-name, so using the the TopM interface list you can
determine the selection name of the interface even if you do not know its
object id.

You can use ovtopodump to obtain topology information:  ovtopodump -lrv
<selection_name> or <object-id> will show it to you.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Terje Lindholm <teli@EEC.ERICSSON.SE> on 12/08/98 10:51:48 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>