Netview 5.1 for NT (Client/server) ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 5.1 for NT (Client/server) ?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:14:05 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There is a client version that runs on another NT box. During the install
you specify
whether it is a Netview client or a Netview server you are ins talling. The
client either
has its own map, or there is a function to make a local copy of a map on
the server.
I've only done one of these, but it seemed to work pretty well. There is a
lot to like
in Netview for NT once you get used to the idea...

Hi all,

I use Netview for AIX but I will soon have to install a Netview for NT
for my company.
I was wondering if it's possible with a NT Version installed on a NT
Server to have access to the product from an another station Windows NT
Workstation or Win 98 ?
With the UNIX version, you can use X Terminal to access to the
NETVIEWServer.
What's about the NT version ? Do I have to install it on a NT Terminal
Server or is there a Netview client to access it ?

Thanks

JM THIEBAUD
Dassault Electronique
FRANCE