Missing Interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Missing Interface
From: Jose Luis Arbona Orovay <jarbo@INFOCENTRE.GVA.ES>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:19:53 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've a P-t-P line which I am not able of discover the interface
connected. When I do a demand poll of the routers appears the line
saying that the interface is Up, but the symbol into the router doen`t
appears. The segment and network are in the map.

I have tried stopping netmon and executing 'ovtopofix -A' (or ovtopofix
-U segment_oid ...) without appearing the interface (if i do a snmpwalk
appears). And in the 'trapd.log' there is a line saying that this
interface is Deleted.

I'm working with NetView for AIX V5R1 and AIX 4.2.1

Thanks in advance.

    Jose Luis