Re: Changing IP address

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing IP address
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 10:04:09 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
It sounds to me as if this router was not successfully deleted in the first
place.
I would ovstop netmon, and create a seedfile for it to use, with the new
interface I wanted discovered as the very first line.  Then I would open
the map, locate the router, and right click on it to bring up the context
menu, select Tools/Display Object information, and make sure I know its
object name.  Then I would delete it from all submaps,  and check my delete
with ovobjprint -s <fully-qualified hostname> to make certain it is gone.
If not, nothing else will work.  Once it is gone, ovstart netmon and the
new one should be discovered shortly.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Dimitri Setti <Dimitri.Setti@FCCRT.IT> on 12/21/98 06:15:13 AM