Re: Converting collections to smartsets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Converting collections to smartsets
From: "Bacon, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Bacon@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:47:20 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I know that I can use the GUI editor but if a company wants to migrate lets
say 6000 devices that are in specific communities and collections with
specific snmp settings from Net View for AIX to Net View for NT this create
a lot of work and a very large problem since they have yet to come up with a
good way to migrate between the platforms.  If it is possible to automate as
much of this with scripts and batch files it makes life a bit easier and
more time to manage other devices and applications.  There is not a good way
to migrate between the two platforms but with the use of ovsnmp.conf a seed
file and a batch file to create the collections that each device falls into
it can cut down on the amount of time it takes to enter each devices
snmp/collection information into Net View.

Thanks
Benjamin