Re: Integrating Netview AIX with Tivoli Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Integrating Netview AIX with Tivoli Framework
From: Denny Whelan <dwhelan@INVACARE.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:54:15 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We are still getting this error.

My host name is - us-spn1s
the results of uname -s are AIX
the results of uname -a are AIX us-spn1s with some other codes at the end.

Any ideas why we still get this error message

Below is the original E-Mail I sent out.

We are attempting to forward events from Netview to Tivoli Framework.  We
do not have TEC as part of our installation.  We have created a ruleset
that has an action node that calls wasync to pass the event to a async
monitor in Tivoli.  When this process kicks off we get a communication
error (destination dispatcher could not be found) in the actionsvr log.
Both the framework and netview are running on the same box.

"Ken Garst." <KGarst@GIANTOFMARYLAND.COM> on 12/23/98 09:41:14 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>