Re: NV commands

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV commands
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:14:48 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Yes, you can automate the construction of the snmpCollect configuration
file. At
least I used to do this in V3 and it does not look much different to day
than it did then.
It is in /usr/OV/conf or /usr/OV/conf/C. I suggest you make an few entries
using the
gui, and then examine the results in the conf file. Then you can carefully
edit it,
duplicate lines, whatever. The pattern is pretty obvious. It will be
re-loaded
when you restart snmpCollect. Then check the end of
/usr/OV/log/snmpCol.trace
to see if you ,made any mistakes. Don't forget to make a copy of the file
before
you mess it up. Note that you could have more than one file, maybe with
different
polling intervals or something, and swap them out at different times of the
day or
week. Just stop snmpCollect, swap files, and restart it.

I don't claim that this is supported, only that I would do it.

==========

4) Is it possible to automate the collection data ? (snmpcollect -load ?)
   I wanna add thresholds ...

D.I. Patric Lehnen
IMB NSM 2
System and Network Management