snmpCollection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpCollection
From: Darren Mitchelmore <Darren_Mitchelmore@NAG.NATIONAL.COM.AU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:20:01 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

I am trying to get a reliable collection happening.
I have setup a collection of frame relay interfaces. There are are 10
instances in WANFRAME submap.
Under TOOLS>Data collection and thresholds i have set up collection for
LocIfOutBitsSec.
I have verifed this with MIBTOOLS and the values are good.  snmpCol.trace
does not report any
problems. snmpCollect process is running .

The status is gathering
The collection summary is  interval 30 min store yes source WANFRAME
(Collection Group) All instances.

The test button under collection summary is always greyed out and connot be
used. I have waited
more than twice poll interval and stop/started netview server.

When I look at /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect I cannot see any
LocIfOutBitsSec.1 or
LocIfOutBitsSec!.1.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in Advance.