Re: Acknowledging events ( workaround)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Acknowledging events ( workaround)
From: "Jones, Patricia A." <PAJones@RMC.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:26:14 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
A work around might be to add a new entry for 'acknowledged' into the Change
Severity
pull down context menu.

Events > Options > Change Severity > from all Workspaces
                                                        > from All Users
Currently displays:
                               Cleared            White
                               Indeterminate    Beige
                               Warning           Yellow
                               Minor               Green
                               Critical              Red
                               Major                Orange

Once the new entry has been added then the procedure might be to have each
tech
change the severity of the events they've worked to resolve. You would also
have
to change the Search criteria to include 'acknowledged'.