Re: data collection on switches

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: data collection on switches
From: Matt Moore <MattM@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:45:16 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

The data for ifInOctets and ifOutOctets which I collect and graph is
definately the change in the counter value. On Netview for NT, the
snmpcollect database has a field for startTime (the time of the last
collect), and a field for endTime (the time of the current collect).
This would indicate to me to be the way netview calculates the change in
the counter value.

Regards,
Matt Moore