RULESETS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RULESETS
From: Chuck Thomas <cthomas@NETWORK-ONE.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:30:18 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I am sorry I did not include title on first post.

Greetings all,
I am installing Netview NT 5.1 and have several questions.

Can anyone tell me the layout of the ruleset.rs files?  I have tried to
decipher but not much luck.  I understand that one can use nvrsedit on Unix
and port the rules to NT.  Has anyone an editor for NT maybe.  At this point
I don't have access to an AIX box.

Maybe some has created a rule like I want.  I need a rule to send page if
member of a smart set is down for more than 10 minutes.  I also need one to
page on condition.  Example if an NT service is down say DB2.  After reading
the admin guide it looks as if one can correlate just about anything.  I
also need to do some correlation before I send to TME10 TEC.  I was told
that this would help TEC out by 'distributing' some of the correlation
function.

Also has anyone seen the nv.carriers setup for a paging network called
Southern Net.  It is a full service paging service in the Southeast.

Also are there any gotchas with things like IIS4, NTSP4, and IE4?

Thanks for helping,

Chuck Thomas
DPCS, LLC
Phone:          601-283-3614