Re: What files are changed by installing framework and netview on

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: What files are changed by installing framework and netview on AIX?
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 16:29:55 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
During the NetView install the following files are being modified:
/etc/rc.tcpip
[/etc/inittab]
NOTE: I was surprised that NV is not started from within rc.tcpip as I expected
but directly from
/etc/inittab through /etc/netnmrc (at least at our site but I cannot recall who
could enter that
inittab entry).
/etc/services
/etc/snmpd.peers
/etc/snmpd.conf

As to Framework, it modifies the following ones:
/etc/rc.nfs (if startup at boot time selected)
/etc/services
/etc/inetd.conf (if remote startup option selected)

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

--