Re: SUN Client - AIX Server Connection fails

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SUN Client - AIX Server Connection fails
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:54:32 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
mgragentd provides the status of the NetView daemons on the server to the
client.  He might be up, but is he talking to snmpd on the server?  You
might want to check the mgragent.log in /usr/OV/log and see if you see
errors.  mgragentd has to connect to snmpd as a SMUX peer so that when the
client does an SNMPget for that NetView MIB variable, snmpd recognizes it
as something to be handled by mgragentd.  Off hand, I would say the SNMPget
is failing.  Does your client config have the correct read password for
snmpd on the server?

That's about the limit of what I know.  If you still cannot get this to
work, I would call Support, since I have seen it work in the Verification
lab.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

PCM-tivoli <tivoli@atibm1.softlab.co.at> on 02/01/99 09:46:42 AM