Cisco devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco devices
From: "Gudell, Mike" <mike.gudell@CPA.STATE.TX.US>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:30:40 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
After initial discovery, my cisco devices showed up as generic
devices.  I've imported the MIB definitions for Cisco that came
with NV ver. 5 as well as the other devices on my network.  I
expected to see a symbol that described my routers, under net
devices or connector.  The closest I could find was multiport or
gateway, but I can not browse the mib for my cisco routers using
those symbols.

I confess I'm learning this in my spare time with little support.
I'm glad I discovered this forum.  I hope I don't become a pest
with too many "newbee" questions.

Gudell, Mike
Email: mike.gudell@cpa.state.tx.us
"Texas State Comptroller"