Re: NetView Daemon did not running - sfevents

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView Daemon did not running - sfevents
From: Michael Tsai <mictsai@TW.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 01:27:49 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Thanks for your kindly reply for my inquiry of  "sfevents daemon did not
running",
   Yes, I have two sets of 2220 installed , I used NetView V5.0 and NBBS
V1.7.1 to
    monitor the 2220 network, you mentioned about  that daemon getting
start with
   NetView GUI, and getting event from 2220, if it did not run, which meant
2220
   not receive any 2220 event? am I right? If I'm wrong, pls tell me how to
start
   the "sfevents" daemon after start NetView GUI interface. or I just leave
it alone,
   don't care it, once the 2220 receive the network event, then the
sfevents daemon
   will start automatically!
   By the way, I have an another question about NetView's control desk
   "CMIP" event message, why it just show blank always? no any 2220 CMIP
   event show up in control desk? is that a normal condition? or I need to
   enable some NetView/NBBS function to start the event collection?
   does it also related into sfevents daemon?
  Hope somebody can give me advise, thanks!

Michael Tsai
   ITAP-SSR-RS/6000 & AIX,
   Availability Service
IBM Taiwan Corporation,
   206, Sec. 1, Keelung Rd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
   Tel: 886-2-7259365,  Fax: 886-2-7201499
   Notes ID: MICTSAI/Taiwan/IBM,  Internet ID: mictsai@tw.ibm.com

Carsten Strahler <Carsten.Strahler@NBG.NET> on 99/02/04 07:54:06 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>