Re: MIBfiles per Microsoft NT4.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MIBfiles per Microsoft NT4.0
From: bob_metzger/vfits/vf_corporation_at_vf_corporation@VFC.COM
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:26:16 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have not had any problems using the agent that perf2mib creates. I can walk
the mibs without any problems. I know that Microsoft just released a "Fix" for a
memory leak problem with snmp. I don't know if this problem has always been
present or was a result of Service Pack 4.

Bob

>I'm also interested in the use of Microsoft's Perfview for creating mibs.
>However I have found that the agent created by perf2mib is not very
>reliable. I have found I cannot 'walk' the mibs, I can only get answers by
>asking for specific mib locations. I have also found that if you don't
>carefully follow this rule, the remote snmp agent you are querying is liable
>to crash!
>
>It was also a bit disconcerting to find out that Microsoft have withdrawn
support for perf2mib!?! Check out their tech support >site.