Forward events to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Forward events to TEC
From: Bill Painter <william.t.painter@LMCO.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:36:41 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
OK, I understand that in order to set up a rule to forward events to TEC
that the default action must be block in the event stream, also it must
be in the ESE.automation file.  Now why does the Netview Administrators
guide say not to include a forward node in your ruleset if it is going
to be in the ESE.automation file.  Does the rule that is configured to
pass events to TEC not need to be in the ESE.automation?  If it does how
do I specify that I only want to send node downs?

Thanks,
Bill Painter
william.t.painter@lmco.com