Re: Forward events to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forward events to TEC
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:33:03 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Bill -

You have been mis-informed.  Let me try to straighten this out.
ESE.Automation is for rulesets run in the background of your NetView to do
things local to your box, like write to files, send pop-ups, or page
people.  They are loaded by actionsvr at startup.

Sending events to TEC using the internal adapter is an entirely different
process.  The nvserverd daemon does that, once you have set it up.

You set up TEC forwarding using SMIT or the Framework (right click on the
NetView server icon) and select the Configure menu.  On there is an option
to send events to Tivoli.  You select that and you are given a panel to
supply the hostname/ipaddr of the TEC server and the name of the ruleset
you will use to do the forwarding.  This ruleset must already exist in
/usr/OV/conf/rulesets.   There you build a ruleset just like you would for
sending events to the display window -- use Block or Pass on the initial
node as appropriate to what you want -- and end it with a Forward node.
Everything that makes it to the Forward will get sent to TEC if this is the
rule you specify in the dialog.   So you can test it in advance by running
it in a display window and see if the window gets what you want.  What you
see there will be what TEC gets.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Bill Painter <william.t.painter@LMCO.COM> on 02/11/99 11:36:41 AM