Re: Netview5.1 Client Vs Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview5.1 Client Vs Server
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:03:52 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Well, I didn't think the code would let you do that -- install the client
on the same box as the server --  but that is most definitely not a good
thing.  Code-wise the two are incompatible.  The same box cannot be both.
Unless someone else has a suggestion, I would call Support, because I have
no clue how to get the client code off the box now.  And that is definitely
screwing things up.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM> on 02/16/99 03:32:21 PM