Re: NetView NT questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView NT questions
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:31:00 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>> My customer has NetView/NT 5.1 Server with   two NetView clients. From
the
>>  server if  we customize the map  these  changes are not propagate to
the
>>  Client.    Is this correct ?.

Yes.  Only status changes are automatically propagated.  The client must
refresh his map to see all other changes or take down the GUI and restart
it.

>> What is the right way to customize from the Server a Client map so any
client
>>  can see just a little portion of the network ?.

You have to copy the default map on the server and then delete things you
do not want the operator to see from that copy.    It is a lot of work to
do, and difficult to administer, since new devices will continually be
added to the map and you'll have to continue the process.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Niko Kaniadakis <niko_kaniadakis@IT.IBM.COM> on 02/18/99 07:04:30 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>

 Does NetView for NT V5.1 support the IIS 4.0 ?
 My customer has NetView/NT 5.1 Server with   two NetView clients. From the
server if  we customize the map  these  changes are not propagate to the
Client.    Is this correct ?.
 What is the right way to customize from the Server a Client map so any
client
can see just a little portion of the network ?.
 Thanks a lot.
Niko Kaniadakis