Re: Event Configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event Configuration
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:35:03 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Your list of nodes must be fully qualified for one thing.   If the trap
comes in from  "host1.abc.com" that must be what is in your /pop file.
Just "host1" will not do it.   And you should have one entry per line with
no comments.  I cannot think of what else to tell you since I have made
this same thing work here many times.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Niko Kaniadakis <niko_kaniadakis@IT.IBM.COM> on 02/18/99 06:53:00 AM