Re: CiscoWorks2000 and CW ver 4

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CiscoWorks2000 and CW ver 4
From: "Whitehead, Neil" <whitern@RBOS.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:21:37 -0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Alex,

You too?!!!

I've been trying unsuccessfully to install CW2000 onto the same machine
as CW4.

So far I've uncovered two bugs, (there may well be more, coz I haven't
managed to complete the installation yet!!)

The first occurs during the initial installation phase of the 'Campus'
product...the install script asks for the IP address of a switch which
will be used as a seed device. There is obviously some checking carried
out on the reply that you make...and the install script refuses to
accept any reply that you make.
Cisco are aware of this one and do have a fix available for it.

The second bug sounds like the one you describe. I'm so glad you've
encountered the same problem, Cisco have kept saying I "must be doing
something wrong, and why do you want to CW4 & CW2000 on the same box
anyway no-one else in the world does that way" (ha ha ha!).

The problem seems to be with CiscoView rather than anything else...I get
a message during the install that says..

"Info: Now sorting MIBS by IMPORT clause..."  and then it just hangs
indefinitely......

I'm shipping off a backup tape to the Cisco developers as we speak.

Please let me know how you get on .....

Neil Whitehead (x22808)
IT Services (Telecoms)
The Royal Bank of Scotland