Re: CiscoWorks2000 and CW ver 4

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CiscoWorks2000 and CW ver 4
From: Nicaud Phil <pnicaud@WOOLWORTHS.COM.AU>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:44:49 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Alek

We Installed CW2000 (RME & CWSI) withg Netview 5.1 last week.

CW2000 is totally different to CiscoWorks in that it's basically a
stand-alone package now and does not make use of Netview (or work through
Netview). It's a Web based management application that provides the same
functions as Works and as such is an upgrade and not an add-on. In other
word, it would not make sense to run CW2000 and CW 4 concurrently.

CW2000 will ask you if you want to import your inventory data from CW.

The only package that can still (optionally) integrate with Netview is
Ciscoview

Hope this helps

Phil

CAUTION: This Message may contain confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is
prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify
Mail Administrators immediately. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Woolworths Ltd.