Re: NETVIEW vs. TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NETVIEW vs. TEC
From: James R Grinter <jrg@BLODWEN.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:59:45 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Holger Heimann <hh@IT-SEC.DE> writes:
> I learned that there are external agents that provide some of the
> functionality the TEC does (i.e. Tavve, I guess). Isn't it true, that I can

You could look at IT Masters' 'MasterCell' product
(http://www.itmasters.com/), which is very much like T/EC but (I am
told) much cheaper.

as someone else mentioned, there is also the Micromuse Netcool/OMNIbus
product, plus many others (eg. Boole's Command/Post, plus even more
recent developments like Avesta's Trinity and RiverSoft's OpenRiver.)

> build a essentially similar functionality to TEC combining the products and
> putting a little glue to it?

Undoubtedly! It all comes down to time, abilities, flexibility
required, etc.

James.