Optivity/ATM switch bug

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Optivity/ATM switch bug
From: Paul Anderson <paul.anderson@AMALI.GLOBALNET.CO.UK>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:39:35 -0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello all,

Thought I'd pass on a problem I ran into today. Whilst investigating a slow response problem I attempted to obtain the status of a port in Expanded View. This upset the agent to the extent that it rebooted the 5000BH and took down our ATM network...you can imagine my embarrassment!!!!! The agent is an MCP v3.2.2 handle with care!!!!

Incidentally...can anyone confirm whether the fault_correlator_filter off command actually works? It doesn't seem to do anything on our system!?!

regards paul