sysLocation and sysContact

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: sysLocation and sysContact
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:03:58 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Try a stop/start of netmon. Kind of a big stick, but lots of things get
updated with that
config poll it does at startup. Did they get updated at the server console,
as in
Tools...Display Object Info?

Since the new version 5.1 web diagnostics screen displays Contact and
Location we decided to SNMP set these fields for major network
components. I was expecting a demand poll to pick up the new values but
it does not (??). Are these fields only populated on discovery? Thanks.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens@eastman.com
Phone - (423)229-3579