Re: filter problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: filter problem
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:50:26 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
What exactly do you mean that it doesn't work?  What did you see and what
did you expect?

If you create a new dynamic workspace with w filter, then all the existing
traps will be fed thru that filter and only those that pass will be kept in
the workspace?   If you apply a filter to a workspace which is already
open, only new events will be filtered.  The others which are already
displayed are not removed or altered.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Stephane Robertson <Stephane.Robertson@HEC.CA> on 03/02/99 08:56:02 AM