Re: filter problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: filter problem
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:02:29 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Filters in your workspace are applied by nvevents, the guy who opens the
event window on your box.  But the ems_sieve_daemon assists him in
determining whether a particular event passes or matches a filter.  But
there should be no recycling required.    When you turn off a filter, the
change should take effect on the next incoming event.  If you filtered it
out previously, then you should now see it, depending on what other filters
you have running and what ruleset you are using.

If you cannot get this to work, then I'd suggest you call Support, though
there is not much they can do for V4 at this stage, except to see if they
can reproduce your problem or give you some pointers.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Giuliotti, J. P." <JGiuliotti@MFS.COM> on 03/02/99 10:17:40 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>