more Y2K fixes in NetView 5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: more Y2K fixes in NetView 5.1.1
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:47:33 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
In my last append on this subject, I told everyone I was a pessimist and
that "there is always one more bug".
Well, sadly enough, I was correct.  And I promised that if more things were
found, I would post them here.

Two Y2K-related problems were reported on Version 4 (which is still
supported in Japan) by Japanese customers, who apparently use some
functions little-used by others.  I didn't even know these functions
existed until the APARs were taken.  The fixes are part of NetView V5.1.1
and efixes are available for Version 4 customers who want them (they will
have to call Support and open a problem to get them).

IX84910        TRAPD.LOG_MAINT NOT YR 2000 COMPATIBLE

 PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
 There is a script called trapd.log_main which is used to make backup
copies of the trapd.log file for archiving.
 The files created by trapd.log_maint are not year 2000   compatible.

 PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
 Changed the file names to contain a 4-digit year instead of the
 current 2-digit year.  All current files should be processed and
 removed before running the new trapd.log_maint executable due to
 the change in file names.

IX86220      NETFMT FAILS TO FILTER Y2K TIMESTAMPS PROPERLY

 PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
 The netfmt -c option does not filter properly for year 2000 dates.

PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
Modified the netfmt filtering to handle year 2000 dates
appropriately.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support