Re: Missing Alerts

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Missing Alerts
From: Jeanie Cham <yccham@NCS.COM.SG>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:26:23 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I set the Netview co-relator to detect link / node up & down status.  Upon
detection of either, I run a script to log the detection & page the support
engineer.  No logs were written for a few days even though there's a link
failure.  This has happened a number of times.  Due to the way I run the
script, there'll definitely be some logs written everyday, which I get when the
co-relator behaves normally.

I suspect the co-relator doesn't behave sometimes, & I'm trying to find out
why.  Any comments?

Thank you.

cheers,
Jeanie