Missing Alerts

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Missing Alerts
From: Jeanie Cham <yccham@NCS.COM.SG>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:28:32 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I've a major problem...I'm monitoring my network using Netview 5.1,
Framework 3.1.1 on AIX 4.2.1 (I've just upgraded from Netview 5.0).

There're days when I don't get any link down alerts even though there's
a link failure.  This'll last a few days before the alerts start coming
in as per normal again.  I don't think this is due to the upgrade as
this has happened a number of times even before the upgrade.

Can someone tell me what could have gone wrong?  I'm using a E30 with
256MB RAM.  Doing "vmstat", on average I get 50-70% idle.

Thanks!

cheers,
Jeanie