Re: Missing Alerts

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Missing Alerts
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:11:47 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
How do you know that the missing traps are even sent?   If you aren't doing
anything in NetView, then it is more likely that the trap sender isn't
sending them, or that routing problems prevent them from reaching you.  I'd
run an iptrace for port 162 udp and see if they even arrive when you are
expecting them.  If there is a trap sent log of some kind on the sender,
I'd check that too.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeanie Cham <yccham@NCS.COM.SG> on 03/05/99 08:28:32 PM