Netview 5.1 and Tivoli 3.2 TEC 3.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 5.1 and Tivoli 3.2 TEC 3.1.1
From: Doug Horn <Doug_Horn@HSBC.CA>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:54:02 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi

I have just recently updated my Netview from 5.0a to 5.1.  I also installed
TIPN, Tivoli Integration Package for Netview.

The install went fine and now I am just trying to figure out what functins
I get.

There are a couple of things I am trying to figure out:

1)I think that using Tivoli you can only install a NetView server, as a
Tivoli object, if it is a Unix system?

2)Forwarding event from Netview to TEC.  We used to use the teacd_nv6k
adapter, now with the new install we also have 'nvcord' daemon.  It seems
through tests that if we stop the tecad adapter nothing goes through, but
if we stop the 'nvcord' it does not seem to matter.  So I am not sure if
you can use both or what the differences are.  I thin that maybe 'nvcord'
is not fully configured yet.  Any thoughts?

3)I have noticed that since the install not all SNMP events go to TEC
anymore.  I am not sure if this is an OID file probelm or what.  Still
looking into it.

4)The new Tivoli menu under Netview was editable about three times, now
when I make changes they are not reflected, even after a reboot.  I deleted
the file and the functions that were working still are, the ones that are
not, still do not.  I modified the Tivoli.reg file but now I do not know
where that info is stored.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

thnx
dug