Re: ovstart fails to find /usr/OV/conf/ovsuf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovstart fails to find /usr/OV/conf/ovsuf
From: Gregory Adams <gadams@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:37:06 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
James,
       This is a new install, although it is really the second iteration of
a new install. We had problems the first time around  when the framework
object for NetViewServer was not properly defined and the ICON for NetView
was not created. We tried to use the wln xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and then the
wrefresh xxxxxxxxxxx commands as suggested in the release notes.  This did
not help us so we decided to try to install the Server code again. Before
reinstalling I ran the  cleanup script in  the MUSTSEE directory of the CD.
Maybe that was a mistake ? Anyway I went into the /usr/OV/lrf directory and
found only one .lrf file  it was nvwebd.lrf.  I added it using the ovaddobj
command so atleast the /usr/OV/conf/ovsuf file exists now . There are
obviously missing lrf files. Would it be advisable to just deinstall
NetView and start over ?

Thankyou
          Greg Adams