SNMP and Cheyenne Products

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP and Cheyenne Products
From: Marcel Rafter <marcel.rafter@NZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:55:42 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi there,
I am on a project to set up the monitoring of our Novell servers using Netview
and Tivoli.
Currently I have been pulling my already short hair out trying to set-up SNMP
from Cheyenne products Arcserve 6.1 and Inoculan 4 for Netware 4.11.
Using Alert.nlm the products pass the SNMP traps to NetView fine but when they
are displayed in the Events monitor the varibles i.e server name appear in hex.
I have done a 'snoop' and confirm that alert and the Novell server are sending
the correct information.
Why does Netview display the trap in hex and how do I change it???

Thanks
Marcel
marcel.rafter@unisys.com
mrafter@es.co.nz