Re: Running Netview with Reflection X

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Running Netview with Reflection X
From: Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:19:01 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Chris:
  I have used release 6 & 7 on V4.1 & V5.1 with no problems.
 There are couple of things to do;
1. Use 256 colors.
2. Add "IBM misc" to "font settings".
2.5. Deselect all but IBM on the keyboard settings.
3. Method use "telnet"
4. use "(/usr/bin/X11/aixterm -v -fn 6x13 -sb -ls -display %IP#%  &)" in the
command selection.
Hope this helps.
Gil Irizarry
>>> Chris McBride <ChrisM@RIGROUP.COM> 03/15 12:04 PM >>>
I'm trying to run Netview 5.0 with Reflection X on my Windows 95 box.  When
I run netview the Netview X windows pop up on my PC as if it were going to
load, but just before it start's displaying objects in the window, all the
windows close.  And I get a 'Died on Signal 1' message in the terminal
window.

Has anyone used this X product with Netview?  Thanks.

--
Chris McBride
The Rock Island Group