Re: nvUtil not showing an object

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvUtil not showing an object
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:37:55 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Aditya,

What might be happening is that the objects in the map collection are not in
the database collection.
There should be rules for the collection (use nvUtil or collectioned to
display the rules for the collection).  Usually something like (('Selection
Name' = 'servera.company.com') &&  ('IP Status' = 'Marginal')).
In this example, you would use "ovobjprint -s servera.company.com" to look at
the IP Status field to verify that it meets the rules for the collection.

You are not adding nodes to a collection  by cutting and pasting the nodes
from the map into the collecton map, right? It doesn't work like that.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management