Re: Exiting the Netview console from command line (NT)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Exiting the Netview console from command line (NT)
From: Matt Moore <MattM@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:18:13 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm using the standard NT Server NTbackup.exe program. I doubt this is
the problem, because the backup occurs fine if the console is stopped
before I stop the netview service and perform the backup. I only get the
errors if the console is open before I stop the service and perform the
backup. Everything is backed up except for the follow files:

 Directory T:\usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\mapinfo.dir is in use. It has
been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\mapinfo.pag is in use. It has
been skipped.
 Directory T:\usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\snapinfo.dir is in use.
It has been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\snapinfo.pag is in use.
It has been skipped.
 Directory T:\usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current\objinfo.dir is in
use. It has been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current\objinfo.pag is in
use. It has been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current\submapinfo.dir is
in use. It has been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current\submapinfo.pag is
in use. It has been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current\syminfo.dir is in
use. It has been skipped.
 File \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\default\current\syminfo.pag is in
use. It has been skipped.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks
Matt