Exiting the Netview console from command line (NT)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Exiting the Netview console from command line (NT)
From: Matt Moore <MattM@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:22:29 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

Can the Netview console be stopped from the command line on Netview 5.1
for NT?

I need to stop the console (and the Netview daemons - by ovstop) before
an automated backup, and restart the daemons and the console early each
morning.If the console is running, and I perform "ovstop", the following
message appears: "The Netview console lost connection tho the Netview
Server. The console is exiting". However when the backup occurs, files
in \usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb\ are not backed up because they are
in use, so obviously the console has not fully exited.

I realise the console can be started from the command line by running
"netview".

Thanks,
Matt Moore