Re: NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?
From: Doug Horn <Doug_Horn@HSBC.CA>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:07:39 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Subject:  NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?

I am trying to use tecad_nv6k to send netview messages to a tec console.

The tec adapter is dying after some time.  It doesnt seem to be stable.
Theres also an issue with the CPU it sometimes consumes

Is there a patch for this?  anyone having a problem using this in a
stable
environment?

>What version and flavour are you using ?

I am also trying to send custom traps (Sent by Bay and Cisco's) and
found out these are not sent to tec by default.  I added some trap
definitions in tecad_nv6k.cds and .baroc files, compiled the baroc
file under tec.. still not getting the traps..

does anyone have a procedure for adding custom traps?

>If the traps are comming into Netview then you must ensure >that the OID
#'s are in the teacd_nv6k.oid file.  I think >of the OID file like the FMT
file of a logfile adapter.  IF >it does not find a match it will not
forward.  There are >some there but I have had to add to this file for
>NetFinity, APC, 3COM, etc.

NetView documentation is very inadequate when it comes to
integration issues..

Thanks,
Kiran,