Re: NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?
From: "Mull, John" <jmull@HERSHEYS.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:59:20 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We have been using the tecad_nv6k adapter betwen NV6K V4.1.2 and TME10 V3.2/
TEC 3.1 for over a year now.  The adapter has been very stable, and the only
time I can remember it not staying up was during a time I had made change on
the tecad_nv6k.cds.

Do a ovstatus tecad_nv6k from a terminal session..  Are you getting a Exit
error??  Do you have a backup copy of your tecad_nv6k.cds before you made
changes to it for your new events?  That was my problem..  Just a small typo
error on the .cds file and the adapter will not start up.

For your second question about the new traps..
1.  Did you check wtdumprl to see if the traps are even making the reception
log on tec.
2.  Do the traps make trapd.log in Netview??
3.  Did you do any customization in Netview SNMP TRAP Customization?

Holler back if you need any other assistance...

John Mull
Hershey Foods Corporation
Information Technology & Integration
Enterprise Systems Management
(717)534-7959
email:jmull@hersheys.com

Any comments or statements made are not
necessarily those of Hershey Foods Corporation