Re: netmon -y

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netmon -y
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 00:32:59 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This command is to get netmon to revisit the seedfile,  if you are using
one. It checks it
for errors (like unresolvable hostnames) and reports the results in
/usr/OV/log/netmon.trace.
It does not do the big configuration poll that it does when you stop/start
netmon. It appears
to me that it also does not force discovery right away of nodes you list in
it. It seems most
useful for registering changes to ranges and wildcards. For example you
decide you
don't want a bunch of nodes you have already discovered. You figure out a
seedfile
entry that would prevent their discovery, add it to the seedfile, netmon
-y, and then
select and delete those nodes from the map.

Hi all,
A while ago I saw somebody from IBM support using netmon -y command. I
can't find an explanation in the man pages.
Can somebody tells me what netmon -y is doing?
(does it re-read the seedfile, does it sync the maps....)

Thanks, Soe.