Re: Parsing msg string (Netview event) into TEC event.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Parsing msg string (Netview event) into TEC event.
From: "Mull, John" <jmull@HERSHEYS.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:57:01 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi dug,

Thanks for the tip..  Tried it... but no success.  Now the event doesn't
even hit the TEC reception log.  Couple of questions.
What version of Netview and TEC are you running???  We are still at V4.1.2
for Netview and TME Framework V3.2, TEC V3.1

I suspect either I got a buggy tecad_nv6k, or I need the mib value for the
"trapDesc1" for the tecad_nv6k.oid file?

I had successfully parsed a description text for APC Ups events using a mib
for the description field.  I added the mib to the
oid file, then mapped it on the .cds file like your example.. Worked like a
champ.

Guess this is where I am stuck...........