MidLevel Manager's snmptrap app.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MidLevel Manager's snmptrap app.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:37:19 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You are correct that there is a problem with snmptrap -t and traps sent via
tcp in NetView V5.1 and 5.1.1.
The trapd daemon was deleting everything in an application's queue when it
disconnected.  This should not affect applications like MLM which connect
and stay connected.  But others, like snmptrap -t, will have there traps
deleted before they can be processed.  APAR IX87601 has been taken for
this.  If you need an efix now, please contact Support.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support