NetView Web Interface and Submaps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView Web Interface and Submaps
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:42:57 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I was mistaken about the IP Internet subnet reflecting the current status
correctly on the web interface - this also requires a refresh. What I had
observed earlier was the result of navigating up to the IP Internet submap
which had the same effect as a "refresh". The operators are using Internet
Explorer version 4.x. The browsers are configured to check for new versions
of stored pages on every visit to the page. Does anyone know how to make the
behavior of the web browser submaps more dynamic and "in sync" with the
read/write submaps? Is this a bug (I am still running 5.1.0)? Thanks.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens@eastman.com
Phone - (423)229-3579