Re: HP printer TRAPS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: HP printer TRAPS
From: OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:56:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm afraid I'll have to direct you to that oracle of knowledge, the hp
reference guide for your printer - unfortunately, I don't know how to
configure your hp printer's snmp agent and traps, which is what you'll have
to do, I suspect.  Netview won't configure the printer for you.  Until the
printer knows to whom to send the traps, you won't be seeing anything.
Perhaps the hp website (or some third party) has some information on
configuring your 6P?  Good luck, Oliver