Re: Netmon Hanging and Demand Poll Hanging

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netmon Hanging and Demand Poll Hanging
From: Jan Green <greenjan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 07:47:18 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Sorry about the duplicate message, this is my first
time.

James -

I have noticed that when one trap is sent is it
forwarded through my rulesets in 1 second.

However, when I send multiple traps. They hang while
processing by nvcorrd. I think this may be my problem.
They are the same rulesets that worked fine in 5.0.

I have noticed these differences.

1) Demand Polls are sent through the rulesets
2) Each time a trap is received two entries are logged
in the trapd.log ** "A netmon-related application
disconnected from trapd" then immediately "A
netmon-related application has connected to trapd".
Both of these traps are sent through the rulesets.

I have set my forwardall.rs to block not pass.

Is this fixed in the 5.1.1 patch or the "efix"?

Thanks Again!!

jan