Re: Netmon Hanging and Demand Poll Hanging

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netmon Hanging and Demand Poll Hanging
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:13:34 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Three issues:

(1) There were several problems with demand poll and netmon in 5.1 which
were fixed in 5.1.1.  But they were so severe and annoying that an "efix"
package was assembled for 5.1 customers, so they would not have to wait so
long for relief.  If you want/need that package, please call Support
(1-800-Tivoli-8 or whatever number you have used in the past) and ask for
it.

(2) Tivoli customers who have a current maintenance contract will be
autoshipped 5.1.1.  But if you cannot wait, then call the Support number
and ask them for help; or you can send a note to  swdist@tivoli.com saying
you want NetView 5.1.1 for UNIX or NT, and include the usual information:
company name, customer number (preferably, a Tivoli cust# which starts with
a T, but IBM cust# can work), mailing address, contact name (that's you
presumably), and contact (your) telephone number.

(3) trapd does not write an event to the log until the next event arrives,
so your experience with the trapd.log is entirely normal

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jan Green <greenjan@YAHOO.COM> on 04/07/99 09:26:48 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>